LOCATION: Ilombe Island Lodge is located 95km West of Livingstone, Zambia and 4km North of Kasane, Botswana at the far eastern point of the Caprivi Strip. The island lies on the Zambezi River border with Namibia. GRID CO-ORDINATES: 17⁰ 44’ 34” S : 25⁰ 10’ 28” E
ACCOMMODATION: 5 X Twin bed chalet-tents. All units are en-suite with shower and toilet.
TRAVEL: BA & SAA have daily flights to and from Livingstone and OR Tambo. Air Botswana and SA Airlink operates into Kasane either direct OR Tambo or via Gaborone.
VISA REQUIREMENTS: No visa requirements for SADC countries. Visa applicable to British, USA, European Union, Australian and other passport holders. Single Entry visa @ USD50. Double or multi entry visa USD80
- 24 hour Electricity – 220v – Plug adapter in rooms for chargers, laptops, cameras etc.
- Insect Repellent and Aerosol in tents. Mosquito nets on request.
- Swimming Pool
- Fishing Equipment: Conventional Rods & Reels for Hire. Basic tackle requirements for sale. Moderate supply of Flies available.
- Guided Bird Walks, Guided Fishing Walks.
- Cell Phone Coverage.
- Internet WiFi not available – 3G cards can connect through your roaming network.
- External activities, tours can be arranged. Visa conditions may apply for activities/tours in Botswana, Zimbabwe or Namibia and non-SADC passport holders should opt for a multi-entry visa when first arriving in Zambia.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Ilombe Island is located in a Malaria area. You are advised to either take prophylactics or bring along some insect repellent of your choice. We do supply repellent free of charge.
- A high factor sun block is recommended as well as suitable head gear and sun glasses.
- Some evenings/early morning can be quite cold – suitable cover is recommended.
- NO PETS ALLOWED